About Suwannee County
Thank you for your interest in the Suwannee County School District. Suwannee County is located in north central Florida with country living offering residents a nice place to call home. We are located in the diamond of Florida, with easy access to interstates 10 and 75 for travel to nearby cities. Suwannee County has multiple local events, festivities, and recreational offerings that make our community a great place to raise a family. Our county has a rich history dating back to 1878 when the town was incorporated. Suwannee is home to one of Florida's most diverse Agri-business communities with available and affordable land.
The Suwannee County School District maintains accreditation through Advanced Ed for quality School Systems, which requires us to meet a set of national standards for continuous improvement and quality at all schools. Our school district has been rated a "B" by the Florida Department of Education. The Suwannee County School District is comprised of nine schools serving approximately 6,200 students.
- Please check out what more our area has to offer by visiting www.suwanneechamber.com
The Suwannee County School District only accepts applications online. All applicants must establish a complete pre-employment file, please complete the online application.
- Click here for: JOB POSTINGS and ONLINE APPLICATION
- Please contact: Human Resources at 386-647-4634 or 386-647-4641 if you have problems trying to apply.
The Suwannee County School District has partnered with ESS, K-12 Education Staffing to manage our substitute program for teachers, food service, and custodial positions. If you are interested in working as a substitute for our district, please contact Kim Carter, Applicant Specialist at (386) 515-2397.
Thank you for your interest in Suwannee County School District. The Suwannee County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age disability or marital status in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices. The district also provides equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other patriotic youth groups, as required by the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act. The Suwannee County School District follows all requirements for accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
- If you believe you will require accommodations during the job application, screening, interview, or job offer process because of a disability, you may request an ADA accommodation by contacting the Human Resources office by email or telephone.
- It is your responsibility to notify the Suwannee County School District if you need reasonable accommodations.